Monday, February 20, 2006

life.

had an interesting conversation with my aunt yesterday, on the way back from taking my mom to the airport....

She told me about this movie called "What the Bleep do we know!" and it's something about the connection between quantum physics and spirituality.

now it seems to me that my aunt is into Buddhistic stuff...she's got Chinese coins hanging random places in her house.

she mentioned how this one guy did this experiment with water, like looked at it at an atomic or close to it level, and that was the control group. then he thought "happy thoughts" toward it, and it did stuff, and then thought "angry thoughts" toward it, and it did other stuff. And she was like, our body's about 70% water, right? so what would that do to our body?

and we were talking about how some people are really critical, especially in our family (or is everyone's like that?), and maybe it does something....i was like, well it's like it says in Proverbs, "a cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken/crushed spirit dries up the bones."
she also was talking about how hypocritical some church ppl are, like judging and whatnot.

this is my recollection of the conversation anyway.

we need to do something about that. like do we just accept people as they are without challenging them to change? Severson did a lecture last week, and maybe it was there or chapel or somewhere that I heard/thought something along these lines. God doesn't ask of us to change before coming to Him: "I need to read my Bible more before I can come to God"...."I need to clean up my act before I talk to God...." But really, we just need to come to Christ as we are, and let him do the changing.

give feedback!

No comments: