Saturday, May 13, 2006

being home

I've been home for about an hour now...We left Aunt Lori's at around 7 this morning, and stopped only a couple of times. I had to listen to some Billy Graham music. Bleck. But then Mom-Mom said she couldn't understand my Mat Kearney music. I can understand it, except for slight little parts.

I slept some, and also read Blue Like Jazz and some of Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Some quotes:

"The correct place to share our faith was from a place of humility and love, not from a desire for power." (Miller, 116)

"People like me, who know Hiim, carry our own agendas into the conversation rather than just relaying the message Christ wanted to get across." (Miller, 123)

(talking about how preachers say we're in a battle) "They wouldn't clarify that we were battling poverty and hate and injustice and pride and the powers of darkness." (Miller, 132)

As far as how home is, it's not terribly exciting. Rather quiet; the weather's nice. Meanwhile, I have to find where to unpack my stuff. It's like while I'm at college I have two houses, and at the moment, I am blending them together, but also getting rid of stuff I don't want anymore, or trying to store stuff I won't need till winter. I need another bookshelf and some plastic box things (to put stuff I won't need till ENC/winter).

Back to Blue Like Jazz:
"I think if you like somebody, you have to tell them. It might be embarrassing to say it, but you will never regret stepping up" (Miller, 142). I don't know how I feel about this quote...

"A person who thinks himself unlovable cannot be in a relationship with God because he can't accept who God is; a Being that is love." (Miller 146-147)

***later edit***
We ate dinner next door at Ms. Judy's, and as they were getting the food ready, I just sat there and thought. I thunked and I thunked. Yes.

It kinda feels like I'm just here visiting, like this place isn't my home. Anymore. Judy asked if I wanted to call a friend and invite them over...except my friends are now scattered mostly throughout Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New York, and PA. I feel like I don't quite fit...which is why I plan to hang onto my almost 15-year-old brother (yikes! his birthday's on the 3rd!). He's going to be a sophomore in high school next year! Oh man!

Part of me just wants to stay packed and live out of my boxes for the summer. However, I have clothes in all my boxes, and once I can get plastic bin things, I'm going to reorganize things.

I really want to be productive this summer, and I can't exactly do that by moping about people that aren't even on campus either. I want to stay in touch with everyone else, but I think it'll feel like the conversations will be "Hi. How's your summer? That's good. Talk to you later."

No comments: