Monday, November 27, 2006

figuring it out?

I'm beginning to take things into my own hands again, in regards to one major thing: the YIM trip. I don't even know if I've been accepted, and I'm coming up with ideas and potential plans. Like--how to raise money, what to do for the rest of the summer, etc.

I guess since this would be a pretty big thing is why I want to try to get as much "figured out" as possible, and not rely on God so much. I'm not exactly stressed about it, it's more that I sit here and attempt to plan it all out when I've not even been accepted, and potentially two of my references aren't in yet. Technically THAT'S what I should "stress" about if I stress about anything.

Even so, I should be focusing more on my schoolwork (and not writing in here), probably actually going to bed at this point. I have about 2 more weeks till I go back home, and I have so much to get done....It's getting done on a step-by-step process, little by little. These next two weeks are going to be wicked intense, and maybe I'll be a hermit or something, maybe live in the library a good bit.

I've been doing some thinking about the whole idea of "love languages" (there are about 7.3 books about it), and about what mine is. There are five altogether: words of affirmation, gifts, quality time, and two more (I can't remember at the moment). Everyone gives and receives in these ways, but some more than others. I think I'd prefer to receive "words of affirmation" in the form of letters/cards/emails/notes/phone calls, and give "gifts" to express my love for others. I think. Oh yeah, so I need to get started on Christmas cards.

Goodnight. :)

There you go changing my plans again
There you go shifting my sands again
For reasons I don't understand again
Lately I don't have a clue
Just when I start liking what I see
There you go changing my scenery
I never know where you're taking me
But I'm trying just to follow you

(chorus)
It's out of my hands
It's out of my reach
It's over my head
And it's out of my league

There's too many things
That I don't understand
So it's into your will
And it's out of my hands

There you go healing these scars again
Showing me right where you are again
I'm helpless, and that's where I start again
I'm giving it all up to you

(chorus)

Move me, make me
Choose me, change me
Send me, shake me
Find me, remind me
The past is behind me
Take it all away
Take it all from me, I pray

(chorus)

No comments: