Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Heroes

Thanks to some college friends, I started watching the show Heroes on NBC. While home on break, I just caught up with the beginning episodes that I missed. Here are some quotes (episode # is in parentheses). It's interesting to think of these ideas in terms of ourselves as people as well as being Christians and to be helping others.

"Although unaware of it now, these individuals will not only save the world, but change it forever" (1)

"to do something extraordinary" (1)

"Every hero must learn his purpose. Then he'll be tested and called to greatness." (1)

"Every ten year old wishes he had superpowers. And I got them." (1)

"....when the human heart can only find meaning in the smallest of moments" (1)

"By taking action we've changed something" (3)

"Don't give your heart to just anyone" (ad on NY subway in episode 4)

"We are all connected." (5)

"Every hero is on a journey to find his place in the world. But it's a journey. You don't start at the end. Otherwise they can't make a movie about it later." (6) haha

"In the end all that matters is love." (7)

"I'm gonna put this thing on YouTube and make like a million bucks!"
"YouTube's free, you idiot!" (7)

"When I'm by myself, I'm not really anything" (9)

"How do you stop an exploding man?" (9)

No comments: