Wednesday, June 24, 2009

General Assembly 2009


So here I am in Orlando, after the first full day of the General Assembly and Conventions of the Church of the Nazarene.

SO GREAT. and also so tiring.

I've seen a number of my friends that I haven't seen in a while and won't see again for a while....to name a few, Fabiola S. from Mexico, friends from ENC (okay, so it's been a month and a half), and missionaries serving all over the world. Also, I've seen people that I've vaguely met before (or even met multiple times like Susie).

I've met so many great people. "A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet." So true here, especially considering that I try and make connections between people I know.

It's so cool meeting people from all around the world, and I'm really thankful that I speak Spanish, because it opens more doors and allows me to talk to more people. Two people from Korea taught me how to say hello. While I was watching a tae kwon do group from Korea, I turned to someone from MAC region to ask (in Spanish) where they were from. Turned out they were from Monterey and knew Fabiola. :) The man to my right asked me where I learned Spanish and said I should come study abroad at their place in Ecuador -- too bad I already graduated from college.

Anyway, I'm tired from walking around most of the day and talking to people. Tomorrow I'm meeting up with the missionaries from Ukraine to go over stuff, I guess, since they won't be there when I get there in August.

No comments: