Friday, June 12, 2009

Strengths Finder and Sorting

Tonight I went out to the shed to organize my plastic totes brought home from college. They are now divided into the following categories:
~sell, donate, or otherwise get rid of
~does NOT go to Ukraine
~requires further attention (paperwork and notebooks and such)
~goes to Ukraine (but will probably be sifted through again)
~"bed, bath, and beyond" (things that I may or may not need for Ukraine, and that I do not need while I am living at home--dishes, bedding, etc.)

On the floor in my room I have another container of things that I may need in Ukraine, and a smaller box of teaching-type stuff. There will be LOTS of sorting this summer! :)

*~*

While I was in the shed, I found my StrengthsFinder book and thought I'd post my top 5 strengths, as of last fall. They are as follows: Connectedness*, Input*, Intellection, Analytical*, Developer.

Connectedness
People strong in the Connectedness theme have faith in the links between all things. They believe there are few coincidences and that almost every event has a reason.
[I am forever figuring out how I might possibly know people, or what mutual friends we have or others have.]

Input
People strong in the Input theme have a craving to know more. Often they like to collect and archive all kinds of information.
[Freshman year, Marie told me this was me in a nutshell. I'm definitely a packrat, and I remember lots of random details. I like to observe and take in info or scenery. Of course, I have to fight being a packrat when it comes to packing lightly for overseas travel!]

Intellection
People strong in the Intellection theme are characterized by their intellectual activity. They are introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions.

Analytical
People strong in the Analytical theme search for reasons and causes. They have the ability to think about all the factors that might affect a situation.

Developer
People strong in the Developer theme recognize and cultivate the potential in others. They spot the signs of each small improvement and derive satisfaction from these improvements.
[I think this one developed (ha ha) over the past couple years as a result of being involved in quizzing and working with students.]

*I took the Strengthsfinder 3 years ago, and these are a few of my continued results. The other strengths at that time were Harmony and Consistency.

1 comment:

natalie said...

Your comment didn't show up on my blog at first! Dagnabbit. That blog is so finicky :) Loved the cartoon you sent! That's definitely my fam on Sundays. Your comment made me nostalgic because my best friend and I used to go to Sonic pretty much daily. Even now, when I go home, we make a trip. I'm quite a fan. I'm also a P&P fan! I've been aching for a P&P movie fix for awhile now (the really long one ... with Colin Firth). I'm taking your comment as a sign that it's time to partake. :) I enjoyed reading your strength finder too. I took a Myers-Briggs when I started college, and when college ended. It was exactly the same except one time I was an introvert, extrovert the next. It's always just barely one or the other. I guess that's accurate.