Monday, September 04, 2006

gutsy faith part 1

This summer, I got Gutsy Faith by Jeff Edmonson for free in exchange for a book review. Finally I am getting around to it, using it as my devotional book. I don't know that I've really worked through a book completely--I usually have had the topical teen devotionals, and just skipped around.

Chapter 1 (introduction of sorts): I think I'm going to like the format of the chapters, with stuff to reflect on both in the beginning and at the end. I'm looking forward to being challenged, and growing closer to God this semester.

I think some of the questions at the end of chapter 1 should be rearranged. Maybe to this:
What does it mean to you to have a gutsy faith?
Name at least five people in the course of your life whom you see as having a gutsy faith.
Do you think of yourself as a person with a gutsy faith? Why or why not?
What characteristics do these people possess that you would like to see developed in your life?

I'm not sure about the last 3 questions, the ones on page 15: They seem a bit ...out of place perhaps? I'm not sure if "If not, why do you want to develop those characterstics in your life?" applies to the people question or the self question. In other words, they just seem nonlinear to me.

No comments: