Sunday, February 25, 2007

boston!

This weekend was pretty much amazing. Thursday night inaugurated the Honors weekend, which meant I got to see Erin!!! It was pretty cool to catch up with her, and we walked around Wolly area, and the beach, talking and stuff. Except she ended up having to stay in another room. :( Funny thing--I started telling her about YIM, and she was like, "Oh yeah! Merritt told me!" Crazy small (Nazarene) world.
Friday night a few of us honors students, along with the KP's, went to Blue Man Group, and saw the Honors students for all of about 30 seconds before we parted ways again. It was a good show--as it went on, I remembered stuff from the first time I saw it.


(me with a Blue Man after the show)

Saturday morning Jen and I joined the group to go to the Prudential Center Skywalk, so we could look out on the city. That was pretty much amazing. I am pretty sure I saw Wolly church from the top!!! Visibility was great: you could see for MILES.


(tweaked image--I'm not sure how the quality is, but that's basically what I saw with just my eyes. The large circle on the left is around UMass Boston. The one farthest on the right is the Keyspan oil thing. The closer small circle is around the two yacht clubs at Wolly beach, and the distant one is of that crane you can see at the Quincy Wal-Mart. The yellow rectangle is approximately where Wollaston is. Pretty crazy, right?)


(Copley Square area, I think this is my favoritest part of Boston...the red roofed building and the one attached to it is the Boston Public Library--HUGE!!!)


(someday I want to live in one of these brownstone types....when I can afford it...this is the Back Bay area)


(Hancock Building)


(we were up there!!! to my Arts and Music classmates, this photograph has a strong vertical composition)

Then we joined up with the MFA group at Park Street and walked some of the Freedom Trail before getting to Quincy Market. I re-discovered the intersection where the Boston Massacre took place (I have a picture from when I visited Boston in 8th grade, but didn't remember where exactly it was).

Dr. Wooster, retelling him asking a pretzel vendor: "I asked him, 'How salty are your pretzels?' '$2.50.' "

Alain, pretending to be Amy: "I always carry my game console in my handbag."

There were other good quotes too, and fun times with Jen...like when we were walking back down Elm Ave, and we linked arms so that one of us faced forward and the other faced backwards. We were singing, "Turn around," and changing directions. We also skipped around Boston. :)

No comments: